Tips for a Smooth Check-In Process
with Hilton Head Guest Services
"Expectations" are the number one reason for customer service concerns at check-in for a promotional vacation getaway. From a guest's perspective, it is expected that the company will have every detail in place upon arrival. From the company's perspective, it is expected that the guest is aware of the terms of the promotional vacation and briefly how the process works. Together, both guest and company, have a responsibility to one another to deliver what is promised and to uphold any obligations of the promotional vacation. Hilton Head Guest Services is here to make sure your expectations are met 100%.We have assembled the following tips to help make the check-in process run smoothly:
- Review the terms of your package prior to arrival. Many of the promotional vacations packages include a preview of the host resort property. Failure to attend or to meet the qualifications could result in having to pay full price for your stay.
- Before you hit the road to Hilton Head, make sure you have good directions. You can download printed directions to check-in here (from Interstate 95).
- While your accommodations are typically ready by 4pm, check-in at the Welcome Center begins as early as 10:00am each day and closes at 6pm. We cannot guarantee that your hotel room will be cleaned and ready to check-in prior to 4pm.
- Arriving late is not a problem as long as you contact the Welcome Center in advance. If you will be arriving after closing time (6pm), just call the Welcome Center on the day of your arrival at the number provided on your itinerary to arrange pickup of your hotel vouchers and any necessary instructions.
- Photo identification of the package holder and a major credit card are required to check-in. We also suggest you bring a copy of your confirmation letter (or email) when you check-in.
- Be familiar with your accommodations. Although promotional vacations are sponsored by a resort, guests will actually stay in a nearby hotel - NOT the resort. Please note that resort lodging is not available.
- At check-in, you will receive a voucher to take to the hotel, any promotional gifts included with your package, and a voucher to take on resort preview. The Welcome Center will schedule a personalized presentation and tour of the host resort for you and your spouse and are generally scheduled for the day after you arrive.
- If there are any questions or concerns, no matter how small, please feel free to give us a call prior to making your way to Hilton Head Island. Our professional staff would like the opportunity to make sure your visit here is a perfect one.